Mike Bybee mbybee at dometrilogy.com
Wed Dec 16 21:19:49 PST 2009

> Message: 5
> Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 10:22:08 -0500 (EST)
> From: Kris Moore <kris at pcbsd.org>
> Subject: [PC-BSD Testing] Alpha 12152009 Up!
> To: testing at lists.pcbsd.org
>

> Everybody,
>
> Thank you so much for your continual testing of these PC-BSD 8.0 Alphas! I've just uploaded build 12152009,
> which I'm hoping will be the last Alpha release before we move to a regular public Beta. I've fixed
> many of the reported issues for this alpha including:

Here's my results from my first install test:

> * Non-working Flash support

This is now working great for me on the default Firefox

> * Added details button to failure notification of install, along with ability to generate
>   an error report, and optionally mail it off the system.

Happily none have failed yet

> * Includes some additional optional PBI components, such as FF, K3B and Amarok, the full set will
>   be available in the beta, after the build server finished churning them out.

I chose all of these, they installed fine. Could we get multi-select
or an "add all" button?

> A few of the issues reported in the past day or so are fixed in SVN, and will be in the beta, such as:
>
> * Missing /media folder

Confirmed that this exists now

> In order to prep us to go to public beta, please beat up the installer as much as possible, I would like to
> fix as many bugs in it as we can. I'm still aware of some bugs relating to the KDE install and will work
> on those during the beta cycle.

I will be doing 10 more installs tomorrow on varying hardware -
hopefully I can work it out a bit :D

> Thanks!!
>
> Download URL:
>
> ftp://ftp.pcbsd.org/pub/alpha-iso/
>

> --
> Kris Moore
> PC-BSD Software

One bug (feature?) when I change language in the installer, the screen
blinks off then back, but it's all still English.

The login background in widescreen is still not stretched - though at
least it shows black bars instead of screen corruption.

Doesn't seem to prompt for a hostname - I ended up with some generic
name: pcbsd-5035. Previous installer asked, I think. Did I just miss
it?

Power devil now has a default config, and seems to be working well.
--
Thanks,
Mike Bybee