[PC-BSD Testing] Alpha 12152009 Up!

Mike Bybee mbybee at dometrilogy.com
Wed Dec 16 13:05:20 PST 2009

> Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 10:22:08 -0500 (EST)
> From: Kris Moore <kris at pcbsd.org>
> Subject: [PC-BSD Testing] Alpha 12152009 Up!
> To: testing at lists.pcbsd.org
>

> Everybody,
>
> Thank you so much for your continual testing of these PC-BSD 8.0 Alphas! I've just uploaded build 12152009,
> which I'm hoping will be the last Alpha release before we move to a regular public Beta. I've fixed
> many of the reported issues for this alpha including:
>
> * Non-working Flash support
> * Fixed nvidia driver conflict with "powerd"
> * Fixed installing to "free" space on a partition
> * Added details button to failure notification of install, along with ability to generate
>   an error report, and optionally mail it off the system.
> * Cosmetic fixes to SysInstaller
> * Includes some additional optional PBI components, such as FF, K3B and Amarok, the full set will
>   be available in the beta, after the build server finished churning them out.
>
> A few of the issues reported in the past day or so are fixed in SVN, and will be in the beta, such as:
>
> * Missing /media folder
> * Hiding the "auto-login user" button when installing FreeBSD
> * Skip of integrity check when doing LIVE mode
>
> In order to prep us to go to public beta, please beat up the installer as much as possible, I would like to
> fix as many bugs in it as we can. I'm still aware of some bugs relating to the KDE install and will work
> on those during the beta cycle.
>
> Thanks!!
>
> Download URL:
>
> ftp://ftp.pcbsd.org/pub/alpha-iso/
>

> --
> Kris Moore
> PC-BSD Software

Hit an installer bug just last night - I'll see if I can replicate on
the new DVD.
System installs fine, gets up to the display chooser. When I pick ati
or ati-3d (ati has always worked previously on this system) the screen
goes to black and the box completely hangs - can't even switch to any
of the other shells F1-F3 etc. Completely non-responsive -even to
numlock/ctrl+alt+delete/ctrl+alt+bkspace, etc.

Card is an ATI Xpress 1100 (typically solid under PC-BSD)

Any ideas? Is there a log I should be able to check to get you more
detailed info after rebooting into emergency shell or something?

--
Thanks,
Mike Bybee