[PC-BSD Testing] Alpha 12152009 Up!

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Wed Dec 16 07:22:08 PST 2009

Everybody,

Thank you so much for your continual testing of these PC-BSD 8.0 Alphas! I've just uploaded build 12152009,
which I'm hoping will be the last Alpha release before we move to a regular public Beta. I've fixed
many of the reported issues for this alpha including:

* Non-working Flash support
* Fixed nvidia driver conflict with "powerd"
* Fixed installing to "free" space on a partition
* Added details button to failure notification of install, along with ability to generate
   an error report, and optionally mail it off the system.
* Cosmetic fixes to SysInstaller
* Includes some additional optional PBI components, such as FF, K3B and Amarok, the full set will
   be available in the beta, after the build server finished churning them out.

A few of the issues reported in the past day or so are fixed in SVN, and will be in the beta, such as:

* Missing /media folder
* Hiding the "auto-login user" button when installing FreeBSD
* Skip of integrity check when doing LIVE mode

In order to prep us to go to public beta, please beat up the installer as much as possible, I would like to
fix as many bugs in it as we can. I'm still aware of some bugs relating to the KDE install and will work
on those during the beta cycle.

Thanks!!

Download URL:

ftp://ftp.pcbsd.org/pub/alpha-iso/