[PC-BSD Testing] AMP config?

Jeff dejamuse at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 15 20:53:46 PST 2009

I think the real benefit of a packaged inmate is one of time savings.  Compiling all that stuff takes time, though of course installing the package with default options is fine for most people.  I see the biggest benefit for those who want to install other packages like Drupal or Joomla, but perhaps don't have the expertise to install AMP manually.  A little tweaking of the defaults for the AMP inmate will take care of those people.

For those who need more, I'm assuming they most likely have the expertise. To add a small module is a simple pkg_add statement or a few minutes to compile - not that time consuming.  Yes I suppose you could make an inmate for each of the modules but that seems like overkill.

An interactive install might be in order though, where you choose from a list of modules in a GUI while installing the inmate, or even just edit a config file.

Also I'm not entirely certain all modules or options can be added after the main compilation or perform as well. Can anyone confirm this for MySQL, Apache, and PHP?