[PC-BSD Testing] Testing Latest Alpha 12062009

A.Yerenkow yerenkow at uct.ua
Fri Dec 11 12:39:00 PST 2009

Some bugs in installer:

I have a friend's laptop, I've deleted a logical disk (Vista's) and
trying to install pc-bsd there.
Layout is such:
ad4 - whole and only hard disk.
ad4s1 - some unknown data (dark side of vista, I suppose)
ad4s2 - DOS, Vista lurks there.
ad4s3 - my target partition.

I'm at step "disk".
1. I chose disk (ad4) (btw, how about some label near this drop-down)?
in bottom area I see two options (auto, customize)
and a select from partitions.

I clicked to Customize, then back to auto, I chose ad4s3  and
installation was screwed. Because when PC-BSD tried to fdisk, it tried
to poartition ad4, but not ad4s3

After reboot:
2. If I chose Customize partition, then delete all incorrect slices
(ad4, but should be ad4s3), and I'll try to add a swap - I couldn't;
Button "Save" is disabled. I had to do trick: chose UFS, enter some
mount-point, switch after that to type "SWAP" and all ok - I can add swap.

3. At page "Users" form fields have incorrect tab behaviour. Simply
click "tab" and look where focus is going.

4. Anyway, whatever I do - I can't install system. Error: 1 is thrown
always.
files in attach.
directories .mirror-cfg and  .slice-cfg was empty.

5. I didn't provide installation summary, because it's read-only, AND
copy is not allowed!? :)

but there is something like this:
partition ad4(s3)
ufs
/

partition ad4(s3)
SWAP
/

partition ad4(s3)
ufs
/var

partition ad4(s3)
ufs
/usr

So, as can be clearly seen - there is no slices (somehow). at least, in
this "summary" screen.
Hope this will help :)
Ready to test/check something in weekend.