[PC-BSD Testing] Alpha 8.0-12062009 is available!

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Thu Dec 10 12:27:31 PST 2009

> Hey all.
> I just did upgrade of my earlier alpha to latest one.
>
> 1. Installer still didn't fit into 1024x600 - bad

My bad, I must have resized it accidentally while working on the UI before. I've set it back
to 800x600 now, please let me know if it works properly in the next ISO.

> 1a. Installer looks good! :)
> 2. Small glitches in select inputs (source/ports one) - probably xorg-intel issue.
> 3. Installer found my 8.0 alpha and propose to upgrade.
> Also installer found my other UFS disk and show it as "FreeBSD" :).
> How about separate real FreeBSD disks, and general UFS disks.
> For example disk with real FreeBSD will show up like "FreeBSD".
> And plain UFS disk/partition will show up like "FreeBSD capable".

Good thinking, I'll see about relabling that. BTW, how is your system layed out? How many installs?

> 4. After upgrade installer show error 1.
> 5. Upgrade didn't save the logs, maybe because my tmpfs? :D How about store upgrade logs and cfg somewhere in
> /root/sysinstall-`date`.log ?

The logs are stored during the install in /tmp/.pc-sysinstall/pc-sysinstall.log, which is in memory, and
lost when you reboot. Would you like me to copy these logs to disk postinstall?

> 6. My disks detected now as ad3 and ad2, and I have no other ad0/ad1 at all. Weird :)

Yea, we use static device numbering now, to keep more in line with FreeBSD.