[PC-BSD Testing] general installer questions

Dru Lavigne drulavigne at sympatico.ca
Thu Dec 10 08:19:51 PST 2009

Kris questions for the installation chapter of the book:

Is there a list yet of what's new in 8? if not, can you send a quick overview of the biggies you want mentioned in the book? So far I have: changes to software manager, life preserver backup utility, 64 bit NVIDIA, new installer and installer backend

Is this correct for 8.0 min requirements: 10 GB for PC-BSD, 4 GB for FreeBSD; any recommendations for 8's minimum for CPU and RAM?

Any plans to add component selection to FreeBSD install (e.g. minimal, developer, full, etc. that FreeBSD users are used to)?

Any idea of the time frame when the select components items will be close to final? I'd like to include a screenshot of this screen but have a hard deadline of very early January. For now, do you know which PBIs you're planning on including?

Cheers,

Dru