[PC-BSD Testing] Alpha 8.0-12062009 is available!

Johann Hugo jhugo at meraka.csir.co.za
Tue Dec 8 23:34:49 PST 2009

On Tuesday 08 December 2009, Alexander Yerenkow wrote:
> 3. Installer found my 8.0 alpha and propose to upgrade.
> Also installer found my other UFS disk and show it as "FreeBSD" :).
> How about separate real FreeBSD disks, and general UFS disks.
> For example disk with real FreeBSD will show up like "FreeBSD".
> And plain UFS disk/partition will show up like "FreeBSD capable".
>
> 4. After upgrade installer show error 1.

Mmm, got the same symtoms when I did an upgrade, but it does not happen if I
do a clean installation on the same PC.

Here is the log from the error:

pcbsd# tail /tmp/.pc-sysinstall/pc-sysinstall.log
Running: mount /dev/ad8s1a /mnt
Cleaning up old filesystem... Please wait...
Running: chflags -R noschg /mnt
FOUND DVD: /dev/acd0
Running: sh /tmp/.pc-sysinstall/.upgrade-unmount
umount: unmount of /mnt failed: Device busy
Error 1: sh /tmp/.pc-sysinstall/.upgrade-unmount
Running: sh /tmp/.pc-sysinstall/.upgrade-unmount
umount: unmount of /mnt failed: Device busy
Running: umount /cdmnt