[PC-BSD Testing] Are BIOS' up to date?

Ian Robinson fitchkendall at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 14:05:15 PST 2009

>Arthur Koziol <A-Koziol at neiu.edu>
> Subject: Re: [PC-BSD Testing] PCBSD 8.0 Alpha 20091206 x86 - Install
Failure
>Ian,
>Do you know if the firmwares on the CD/DVD devices are up to date? How
>about the BIOS, up to date?

Arthur --

They are the latest available from HP for that computer, but I would not
attribute the phrase "up to date" to anything on this ancient (PIII 1GHz)
computer except the FBSD/PCBSD 8.0 hahaha.

On 8.0-Alpha-20091029 I never had a hang or  problem.  Moreover, I
reinstalled late last night from the same DVD I used for the first
installation and guess what -- it installed, rebooted, and now it is working
(except that it did not auto-recognize (or recognize) the video card - ATI
Radeon VT something or other.  I'll be installing an older 64Mb NVidia
Ti4200 to see how it fares because vesa is not my favorite in the resolution
category.

Thanks for inquiring.

Ian