[PC-BSD Testing] module submission

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Tue Dec 8 12:40:41 PST 2009

On Tue, 8 Dec 2009, Dru Lavigne wrote:

> I understand that emails regarding new PBIs should be submitted to the pbi-dev mailing list. I haven't been
> able to find info on what happens after the PBI is accepted if the PBI was built using PBI Builder.
> How does the module end up at http://trac.pcbsd.org/browser/pbibuild/modules? Does the PBI builder upload an
> archive of their modules directory? Or is this process automated? e.g. how does PBIUPDATE fit into the
> picture?
> Cheers,
> Dru

If somebody submits a module to the pbi-dev list, we'll take a look at it and commit to the SVN tree. When
a user starts submitting several of them, we'll often try to throw a commit bit their way, so they can
continue to commit directly :)

The PBIUPDATE should be set to "http://update.pbidir.com" for modules we put in SVN, which ensures that
any update checks will query our servers automatically.