[PC-BSD Testing] Alpha 8.0-12062009 is available!

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Tue Dec 8 06:45:45 PST 2009

On Mon, 7 Dec 2009, Josh Paetzel wrote:

> I installed the x64 version in VMWare Fusion.
>
> Had the following three issues:
>
> The only installation method that would work was Use Entire Disk, which then proceeded to create s1 and use that instead of partitioning the raw device.  Attempting to install to a slice failed.

Josh, Can you try this again, and look at the log file after it fails?

> After I installed the system failed to boot, dumping me at the mountroot prompt.  Giving it the proper root device kicked it enough to boot

Check /dev/label/*, did a rootfs0 label get created for your root device?
If not, do you know of any reason a label would dissapear even though
"glabel label rootfs /dev/ad0s1a" returns success?

> There was a syntax error in rc.conf that stopped the system from going to multiuser.
>
> ifconfig_Intel(R)="DHCP"

I think I know where this is coming from, can you try this? Boot in vmware,
and open xterm when you get to the installer. Then run:

/PCBSD/pc-sysinstall/pc-sysinstall detect-nics

What does that return? I'm guessing there is some error in the output

> Thanks,
>
> Josh Paetzel

Thanks Josh!