[PC-BSD Testing] Latest Alpha

Josh Paetzel josh at tcbug.org
Tue Dec 8 06:35:19 PST 2009

On Dec 8, 2009, at 6:21 AM, Brian wrote:

>  I think my BIOS is reasonably up to date. Booting from my internal drive gave me " Error mounting install image" which tells me FreeBSD still has no SATA drivers for my system. I'm giving up on that issue, it was reported quite some time ago. I disabled all of the mass storage devices in the BIOS and tried booting the DVD from my USB drive. This time the install image was found and a file check was started, followed by the same errors - the USB DVD drive itself timed out :(

The best thing at this point would be to file a PR for FreeBSD about your USB issues.  I'd recommend it contains as much information as you can provide about your motherboard and USB controllers, as well as the timeout errors.

You can find the online PR submission form at http://www.freebsd.org/send-pr.html

Thanks,

Josh Paetzel