[PC-BSD Testing] Debugging the new Alpha

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Tue Dec 8 06:32:47 PST 2009

Guys,

For those of you who've had issues installing the latest PC-BSD alpha, please
read carefully:

I NEED MORE INFO :)

In the announcement e-mail I detailed information on where log files
are kept, along with the install configuration data. Here's what I need
you to do immediately after having an install failure:

Right click, bring up xterm on the desktop

Take a look at the files:
/tmp/.pc-sysinstall/pc-sysinstall.log
/tmp/sys-install.cfg

If you can, bring up networking on that system with "dhclient / ifconfig"
and sftp those files off the system, and send them over to me. That will
GREATLY assist me in figuring out what error is occuring, and getting it
fixed right away :)

Thanks!