[PC-BSD Testing] Alpha 8.0-12062009 is available!

Josh Paetzel josh at tcbug.org
Mon Dec 7 16:37:07 PST 2009

I installed the x64 version in VMWare Fusion.

Had the following three issues:

The only installation method that would work was Use Entire Disk, which then proceeded to create s1 and use that instead of partitioning the raw device.  Attempting to install to a slice failed.

After I installed the system failed to boot, dumping me at the mountroot prompt.  Giving it the proper root device kicked it enough to boot

There was a syntax error in rc.conf that stopped the system from going to multiuser.

ifconfig_Intel(R)="DHCP"

Thanks,

Josh Paetzel