[PC-BSD Testing] Support for J-Micron?

doverosx at gmail.com doverosx at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 09:08:00 PST 2009

Arthur Koziol wrote:
> On 12/03/2009 4:13 AM, Jeff wrote:
>> I didn't see anything in the last few  BIOS updates relating to the
>> RAID ROM.
>>
>> Now I have just seen my new RAID - 1 reporting degraded after a
>> system crash.
>>
>> A little more Googling and I found numerous references to exactly
>> these problems with FreeBSD, so guess I'll have to get rid of the
>> array.  I wonder if it's possible to just return the drives to
>> non-RAID config without a problem.  I assume so since the system
>> still boots up fine.  Just one drive reporting errors.
>>
> That's too bad. Hopefully better support will come down the line.
>
> Arthur

I have been running PC-BSD 7.1.1-amd64 with my nForce RAID since its
release and have not suffered stability issues.  I am also moving a test
server into production once I get the rest of the NICs going and that
uses gmirror. Gmirror is incredibly easy to setup and the performance is
quite good. I think the issue really is the J-Micron, which, for the
sake of discussion also doesn't see the best of support in Windows.

Regards,
Brodey