[PC-BSD Testing] Removing Stale OOo v2.4.2 PBI from Update Manager

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Tue Dec 1 14:47:36 PST 2009

Ian Robinson wrote:
> Update Manager in  PCBSD 7.1.1 constantly states there is an upgrade to
> OpenOffice-EN 2.4.2_3 even though I installed OpenOffice 3.x some time ago.
> I believe OOo v2.4 is left over from the time when PCBSD 7.x came with OOo
> v2.4.  I want to get rid of the "update" notice for a PBI I no longer use.
>
> Ordinarily one can just delete the program directory in
> /Programs/<Application_Name>.  On my system, OpenOffice-EN3.0.1 is listed
> and there  is a corresponding directory for it at
> /Programs/OpenOffice-EN3.0.1.  However, I cannot find an entry in /Programs
> for OOo v2.4.
>
> Another way is the use the "Software & Updates" tool at the PBI Manager tab,
> but it likewise does not list OOo v2.4 in the inventory of PBIs.
>
> I do have a hidden OOo directories in my directory -- .openoffice.org (where
> v3 is located) and .openoffice.org2 (where v2 is located).  In order to
> disable the Update Manager's reference to v2.4, can I simply remove the
> hidden directory at /usr/home/.openoffice.org2?  Alternatively is there a
> better way to rid myself of the pesky reminder?
>
> Ian Robinson
> Salem, Ohio

Ian,

The odds are that for some reason the OO 2.4 entry didn't get removed
from the installed PBIs conf file. Take a look at this file on your system:

/Programs/.config/ProgList

Look for a duplicate OpenOffice entry in there, and remove its entire
section. Be careful though, you don't want to mess up the formatting of
this file if possible. Best make a backup copy first :)

http://www.pcbsd.com