[PC-BSD Testing] MS Font PBI not working?

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Tue Aug 25 09:06:03 PDT 2009

Jeff,

We'll need to take these on a case by case basis I think, since different apps may be looking for fonts in different places.

First, for OO 3.1.0_2.

On my system it seems to be working perfectly. I have TrueTypeFonts1.0 installed here. Then I made the link
I suggested:

cd /Programs/OpenOffice*/etc
# ln -s /PCBSD/local/etc/fonts fonts
# ls -al fonts
   lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  22 Aug 25 09:09 fonts -> /PCBSD/local/etc/fonts

I open OO, select a new text-doc, and I see Verdana, Times new Roman, and all the other TrueType fonts that KDE seems to
have.

If that doesn't work, check /Programs/OpenOffice*/lib, and see if you have a X11 -> /PCBSD/local/lib/X11 symlink in there