[PC-BSD Testing] MS Font PBI not working?

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Tue Aug 25 06:16:53 PDT 2009

Jeff,

The font PBI installs fonts to the system folder properly, but it looks like OO, and probably the other PBIs aren't
looking in the system folder for fonts. Give this a shot and let me know if it fixes it:

cd /Programs/OpenOffice*/etc
ln -s /PCBSD/local/etc/fonts fonts

start OO, do you have the fonts now? If so, I'll get that fix put into the PBIs right away.

As for KDE 4.3.0, it'll be included with PC-BSD 8.0 later this year. Its a large update, since it moves us to QT 4.5
and I'm having to fix up a lot of our tools to work on it :)