[PC-BSD Testing] Apache PBI what's up?

Brodey Dover doverosx at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 14:09:39 PDT 2009

On 8/21/09, Kris Moore <kris at pcbsd.org> wrote:

> Ok, I did some looking into this problem just now. Looks like i made a few
> bone-headed copy errors in the PBI
> creation :P
>
> Leme fix it and trigger a rebuild for you guys :)
>

> --
> Kris Moore
> PC-BSD Software
>
> On Thu, 20 Aug 2009, Fabrizio Parrella wrote:
>
>> ok, check if you have a file called "mime.types", if not I believe that
>> Kris needs to include it in the correct path, if you have it in
>> the correct path, check the permissions on it or the path.  the
>> sslsessioncache error is actually a warning, probably once that you
>> configure apache correctly it will go away, I would suggest to Kris to
>> disable ssl for the default configuration, but still include
>> openssl in the compile, so it will be easy for someone to just configure
>> it.
>>
>> Fabry
>>
>> Brodey Dover wrote:
>>
>> Here is the output from httpd-error.log, I only took the last bit
>> which was repeated multiple times with the new PBI.
>>
>> [Thu Aug 20 16:12:58 2009] [warn] Init: Session Cache is not
>> configured [hint: SSLSessionCache]
>> [Thu Aug 20 16:12:58 2009] [error] (2)No such file or directory: could
>> not open mime types config file
>> /Programs/Apache2.2.11_7/etc/apache22/mime.types.
>> Configuration Failed
>>
>> Regards,
>> Brodey
>>
>> On 8/20/09, Fabrizio Parrella <fabrizio at bibivu.com> wrote:
>>

>> still crashing?
>>
>> what the apache error_log shows?
>>
>> Fabry
>>
>> Brodey Dover wrote:
>>

>> On 8/20/09, Fabrizio Parrella <fabrizio at bibivu.com> wrote:
>>

>> yes, those are apache configuration errors.
>>
>> you must configure your virtual host to create the logs in the correct
>> folder, depending on the OS it can be defaulting in different places,
>> some of those are:
>>  - /var/log/
>>  - /var/log/http/
>>  - [default doc dir]/logs
>>
>> plus you may want to do an hostname to configure your hostname correctly.
>>
>> best way to do it if you do not have much experience with apache, is to
>> install webmin, configure the apache module to look into the correct
>> folder and use webmin to configure apache as you wish.
>>
>> Fabry
>>
>> Brodey Dover wrote:
>>

>> On 8/11/09, Kris Moore <kris at pcbsd.org> wrote:
>>

>> Brodey,
>>
>> Give this PBI a shot:
>>
>> ftp://ftp.pcbsd.org/pub/pbioutgoing/i386/7/outgoing/servers/apache22/Apache2.2.11_7-PV0.pbi
>>
>> On my system here, it does install + run just fine, but it still needs
>> some
>> more cleanup before I'm ready
>> to commit it to pbidir. I'm trying to fix it up now, but please try the
>> existing one, to confirm it starts / runs
>> for you :)
>>
>> --
> [...]

Well Kris, if it will help you out, I installed apache using runports
and even with apache22_enable="YES" in /etc/rc.conf, apache still will
not start. Even when starting it manually I see that it won't start,
that said, using apachectl works fine. I'm rounding out my PC-BSD
(baseline) tests this weekend and I'll hopefully see if FreeBSD
suffers this or if it's just an install anomaly.

Also, I seriously don't understand why journaling is an option with
PC-BSD because fsck doesn't know how to fix it and from what I
understand soft update still provides the same functionality. But
that's file system talk and probably left to the core devel's.

Regards,
Brodey