[PC-BSD Testing] system updated and troubles after

Fabrizio Parrella fabrizio at bibivu.com
Thu Aug 20 10:24:35 PDT 2009

I just updated my system, everything went smooths except two small things:
 - xorg.conf was lost, I had it heavily personalized, and I had to
recreate it
 - thunderbird click on links do not open on firefox anymore, I even dbl
check the default programs, and FF is the default browser
 - pidgin has the same issue as thunderbird

I also have some more files to add to "DO NOT OVERRIDE" when upgrading,
those may be already in the list to keep, but just wanted to be sure
 - /etc/exports
 - /etc/inetd.conf
 - /etc/services

for some of those files, for example services, would it be great if
there are two copies of this file, one is in /etc/services, and one is
in some PC-BSD-original folder.  when upgrading the program could run a
diff on those two, and just apply the differences to the new services
that may be changed, the diff for most configuration files are ok to be
on top of the file

Fabry