[PC-BSD Testing] Runports stopped working

Jeff dejamuse at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 29 11:28:57 PDT 2009

When I click runports from the KDE menu (as root) it asks for the pw and then nothing happens.  No error, nothing.  Trying it as (user) and the cursor bounces for 30 seconds and then disappears.

I can start the script in the konsole, no problem however (did it as root).

I had reported before that I couldn't start Dolphin as root, but now it's working.

I think the menu system is hosed.  I added a new item for Konqueror and it woudn't show up in the menu until I opened the editor again and dragged it down the list and re-saved it.  I remember having problems similar to these (and worse) in V7, back in October or so.

I can run the PBI installer just fine from Dolphin or Konqueror (as user).

I tried launching PBIs from my other machine using Konq as root and it does nothing there as well.  Double click or right-click-->open with PBI launcher, nothing happens.

...Jeff