[PC-BSD Testing] ktorrent crashes upon launch

doverosx at gmail.com doverosx at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 09:38:45 PDT 2009

Hello,

I've run into this issue, I suspect that there is an issue with the
permissions/PBI installer. I have confirmed that dbus is working (dumped
75 device when I ran lshal).

/<unknown program name>(67804)/: KUniqueApplication: Cannot find the
D-Bus session server

<unknown program name>(67803)/: KUniqueApplication: Pipe closed
unexpectedly.

Xlib:  extension "Generic Event Extension" missing on display ":0.0".
Xlib:  extension "Generic Event Extension" missing on display ":0.0".

/Playing around some more, I tried:
/
[root at pcbsd]/home/Brodey(17)# dbus-launch ktorrent
No protocol specified
grep: /root/.kde/share/config/kdeglobals: No such file or directory
<unknown program name>(43333)/: KUniqueApplication: Cannot find the
D-Bus session server

<unknown program name>(43332)/: KUniqueApplication: Pipe closed
unexpectedly.

No protocol specified
CrashHandler-bin: cannot connect to X server :0

/I remember seeing some Xlib errors from another member on the testing
list, but I don't remember the recommended tests/workaround.

Regards,
Brodey