[PC-BSD Testing] Runports stopped working

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Wed Apr 29 06:41:34 PDT 2009

Jeff wrote:
> For some unknown reason, I can no longer use Runports either as root or user.  It tries to start and then nothing.
>
> Can no longer start the PBI launcher by clicking on the file while in Konqueror (as root) either.
>
> I may inadvertently have used the regular konsole to install a port, but that shouldn't affect anything, right?  I think I installed pgcalc2 from package on the regular konsole, and as a matter of fact it's acting up too.
>
> Can you briefly explain just exactly what Runports.sh does?
>
> What happens if I build the portsnap ports tree and not use Runports?
>
> What's up with Konqueror and PBIs?
>
> Tnx, Jeff

Jeff,

Do you get any sort of error when you try to use runports? If you look
at it, its just a simple shell script which sets / unsets a few
variables and calls tcsh.

/PCBSD/Scripts/runports.sh

Also, is konq installing PBIs when running as user, or still failing?
What about dolphin?

http://www.pcbsd.com