[PC-BSD Testing] Runports stopped working

Jeff dejamuse at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 28 17:44:05 PDT 2009

For some unknown reason, I can no longer use Runports either as root or user.  It tries to start and then nothing.

Can no longer start the PBI launcher by clicking on the file while in Konqueror (as root) either.

I may inadvertently have used the regular konsole to install a port, but that shouldn't affect anything, right?  I think I installed pgcalc2 from package on the regular konsole, and as a matter of fact it's acting up too.

Can you briefly explain just exactly what Runports.sh does?

What happens if I build the portsnap ports tree and not use Runports?

What's up with Konqueror and PBIs?

Tnx, Jeff