[PC-BSD Testing] About translations

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Mon Apr 27 12:16:39 PDT 2009

A.Yerenkow wrote:
> On 27.04.2009 17:01, A.Yerenkow wrote:

>>> Sure, attached is a sample .ts file for our Software & Updates tool.
>>> Its just XML format, so your app would have to be able to parse it
>>> properly, and set some flags.
>>>
>> So, this is simplest XML, no problems, each string could be extracted
>> easily with regexps.
>> I'm planning to make a lot of enhancements in may-june, so I'd like to
>> discuss any ideas/requests etc.
>>
> How about more comments, guys? :)
> Does no one interested in review video and say something? :)

Well, I watched the video. It looks like a powerful tool, but as they
say the proof is in using it :)

If you can get it setup to understand / work with .ts files, I would say
get a demo running somewhere, and then post to the translation list, not
the -testing list, to see what translators think. Also, could you use
this system to translate .desktop files?

http://www.pcbsd.com