[PC-BSD Testing] About translations

yerenkow at uct.ua yerenkow at uct.ua
Sat Apr 25 07:00:52 PDT 2009

Marcel Klinz [PC-BSD.de] пишет:
> yerenkow at uct.ua schrieb:
>
>> Waiting for any comments, questions, etc :)
>> I hope we could find a way to make translations of PC-BSD and it's
>> components easier and faster.
>>

> i think pootle is easy. no app to install. just login in a website and
> do a job. so everybody can do this and don´t have problems with
> installing apps etc.

Tool I showed browser-based, and required nothing but login and browser;
It's ajaxian, so you once load a page with 100 phrases, you can
translate from begin to end; Comparing to Pootle - it saves 10-100 times
traffic, and total summed lag of waiting while page will load is minimal;

Pootle have no reuse feature, so, every "OK", "Cancel" must be
translated every time it appeared in new place.
Pootle have no ability to retranslate something, or at least view other
language translation;
Pootle is slow as hell :)
Pootle didn't show who translated this phrase;
Pootle didn't allow for few variants of translation co-exist;