[PC-BSD Testing] PCBSD 7.1 -- Viewing PDF files with browser
fitchkendall at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 21:30:41 PDT 2009
If you want to view pdf files automatically with a browser like Mozilla's
Firefox or SeaMonkey, you have to tell the browsers where to look for Okular
because the preset default locations are wrong.
1. Edit -> Preferences -> Navigator -> Applications
2. Locate the "Content Type" column and find "PDF file", move to the right
inthe "Action" column and click on the triangles to open up a pick box.
3. Ignore the "use okular" selection and choose "Use other . . ."
4. Use the browse button to get to /PCBSD/local/kde4/bin/okular, clicking
OK after clicking on "okular".
5. As you go back, you'll see the choice in the pick box is "use okular"
but you have set it to the correct location.
Actually, if you reopened the pick box, you'll see you have two (2) "use
okular" choices. The older one near the top is wrong; the newer one closer
to the bottom is right.
1. Edit -> Preferences -> Navigator -> Helper Applications
2. Select application/pdf from the window on the right
3. Select edit
4. At the location "Open it with", remove /usr/local/kde4/bin/okular and
replace with /PCBSD/local/kde4/bin/okular
5. Close out with OK -> OK
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Testing