[PC-BSD Testing] Cannot run Dolphin as root

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Fri Apr 17 07:00:55 PDT 2009

Jeff wrote:
> Changed the command to:
>
> kdesu dolphin %i -caption "%c" %u
>
> and unchecked 'run as a different user'.
>
> Now it works.  Would like to know the difference.  Noticed that SU Konqueror is done this way.
>
> Would also like to see an explanation of the %c, %u tokens too.  Have looked in the past and found nothing at KDE.

Thanks for the heads up! I'm going to update our su konqueror link to
use this dolphin entry instead, to make it consistent with the other
File Manager link in the System folder.

Also, I did run across some explanation of the % flags a while back, but
for the life of me I can't find it again :( I know there was a variety
of them you can play with for different effects.

http://www.pcbsd.com