[PC-BSD Testing] Firefox3 'attach file' button broken in compose mode.

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Tue Apr 14 11:48:52 PDT 2009

Kris Moore wrote:
> Jeff wrote:
>> I just tested the standard theme and several others and I have this problem everywhere and on two different machines.
>>
>> Wait until the Gmail compose window is completely loaded and then hover over the attach file button and it will change to a white box and not respond.
>>
>> If you push this button when it first appears, before all the JS for the WYSIWYG editor loads, then it works.  I didn't have this problem in KDE3/PCBSD 1.5.1.
>>
>> I thought I'd seen this behave properly before with the standard theme before I loaded in a bunch of extensions including Better Gmail2, but my memory is hazy.
>
> Jeff,
>
> I can confirm bug here. It looks like its a bug with flash:
>
> (npviewer.bin:23064): Pango-WARNING **: No builtin or dynamically loaded
> modules
> were found. Pango will not work correctly. This probably means
> there was an error in the creation of:
>    '/etc/pango/pango.modules'
> You may be able to recreate this file by running pango-querymodules.
>
> (npviewer.bin:23064): Pango-CRITICAL **: _pango_engine_shape_shape:
> assertion `PANGO_IS_FONT (font)' failed
>
> Pango-ERROR **: file shape.c: line 75 (pango_shape): assertion failed:
> (glyphs->num_glyphs > 0)
> aborting...
> *** NSPlugin Wrapper *** ERROR: NPP_SetWindow() wait for reply:
> Connection closed
> *** NSPlugin Wrapper ***
> WARNING:(/usr/ports/www/nspluginwrapper/work/nspluginwrapper-1.2.2/src/npw-wrapper.c:1924):invoke_NPP_SetWindow:
> assertion failed: (rpc_method_invoke_possible(plugin->connection))

Ok, I figured it out and fixed it! If you run your software & updates
tool, you should see an available online update. Go ahead and install
it, and it should fix the crashes with Flash player now. The icon still
looks a little weird in gmail, but it does work and bring up the popup
when you click the attach button.

http://www.pcbsd.com