[PC-BSD Testing] Firefox3 'attach file' button broken in compose mode.

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Tue Apr 14 10:43:29 PDT 2009

Jeff wrote:
> I just tested the standard theme and several others and I have this problem everywhere and on two different machines.
>
> Wait until the Gmail compose window is completely loaded and then hover over the attach file button and it will change to a white box and not respond.
>
> If you push this button when it first appears, before all the JS for the WYSIWYG editor loads, then it works.  I didn't have this problem in KDE3/PCBSD 1.5.1.
>
> I thought I'd seen this behave properly before with the standard theme before I loaded in a bunch of extensions including Better Gmail2, but my memory is hazy.

Jeff,

I can confirm bug here. It looks like its a bug with flash:

(npviewer.bin:23064): Pango-WARNING **: No builtin or dynamically loaded
modules
were found. Pango will not work correctly. This probably means
there was an error in the creation of:
   '/etc/pango/pango.modules'
You may be able to recreate this file by running pango-querymodules.

(npviewer.bin:23064): Pango-CRITICAL **: _pango_engine_shape_shape:
assertion `PANGO_IS_FONT (font)' failed

Pango-ERROR **: file shape.c: line 75 (pango_shape): assertion failed:
(glyphs->num_glyphs > 0)
aborting...
*** NSPlugin Wrapper *** ERROR: NPP_SetWindow() wait for reply:
Connection closed
*** NSPlugin Wrapper ***
WARNING:(/usr/ports/www/nspluginwrapper/work/nspluginwrapper-1.2.2/src/npw-wrapper.c:1924):invoke_NPP_SetWindow:
assertion failed: (rpc_method_invoke_possible(plugin->connection))

I'll check into this, and see if I can figure out what its doing wrong.

http://www.pcbsd.com