[PC-BSD Testing] Firefox3.0.8 on 7.1 crashed and emptied its directory @ /Programs/bin

Jeff dejamuse at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 13 19:58:18 PDT 2009

This is the oddest and scariest thing that's ever happened to me on PCBSD.

I was trying to download a PBI and right-click-save-as wasn't doing anything.  I tried to back up to another mirror and all of a sudden  FF(3.0.8) disappeared - gone.  The FF3 menu item was gone (safemode and remove stayed), the link on the desktop was broken, the file at /Programs/bin/firefox3 was 0 bytes.

I reinstalled the FF3.0.8 PBI expecting it to see my .mozilla profile but it wiped it out. Argghhh!  It preserved the symlink I'd created for java, however.