[PC-BSD Testing] 7.1 release

kris at pcbsd.org kris at pcbsd.org
Sat Apr 11 17:11:58 PDT 2009

> no, I was talking about the main menu... I know that the favorites do not
> refresh.
>
> I noticed that my VMware was setup to 256Mb ram .. and WoW.. I was
> impressed
> with the speed for that little RAM.  Once that I put the ram to 1Gb, the
> menu started to refresh, I bet that is some latency in refresh because of
> the memory.. don't think that it will happen often to many users to have
> 256Mb :-).

Thats what I was thinking as well. I've fixed the menu refresh issue
pretty well with the latest PBI updates, right now the only problem is
that with slower systems, or less ram, the kmenu doesn't refresh as
quickly. (It may even be a timing issue in vmware)

> About the printing issue, that is a show stopper for me, my company runs
> the
> whole system on a web based interface FF compatible (I need to test it on
> Opera, as FF is starting to annoy me with memory leaks and needed
> restarts)
> I'll keep using FF2 for now ;-) as the 3.0.5 crashes and doesn't start on
> 7.1 (3.0.5 was printing correctly in 7.0.2 if only one printer
> configured).
> I tried different pages, graphics and just text with CSS formatting and
> just
> text files.  looks like that the CSS is weirdly rendered in printing..
> fuzzy... something that I think may have to do with antialias.
>
> Fabry

I'm going to try and fix this printing issue with FF this week. I think I
have a good idea of whats causing it, but I'll sit down and confirm it,
and make a fix asap. Its been bugging me as well :)