[PC-BSD Testing] Problems with the installation of 7.1RC1.

Eugeniy Khvastunov khvastunov at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 01:57:37 PDT 2009

2009/3/30 Kris Moore <kris at pcbsd.com>:

> Interesting, it almost looks like a bug in the ATI driver, its not rendering
> the window properly. You can try a few different things to fix this. First,
> you can try re-installing, and using the option to run installer in "vesa"
> mode during the boot-splash screen.
>
> Or you can boot up, go to the console Ctrl-F1, and edit this file:
>
> /PCBSD/xorg-gui/conf/xorg.conf.basic
>
> Look for the Device section, and change the driver from ati to "vesa" and
> then "shutdown -r now". When it reboots, it should use the vesa driver
> instead to bring up the Xorg GUI. Does that display normally again?

That help's me run Xorg setup screen in 1024x768, but when I choose
any of the drivers (ati, ati-3d or radeon) Xorg broken, but if I leave
vesa, then Xorg starts with a resolution of 640x480, regardless of the
fact that I choose in the settings.
How I can start Xorg with a resolution of 1024x768 or higher?

--
wbr. Eugeniy Khvastunov,
   System administrator.