[PC-BSD Testing] Update to 7.1 can't find partition

Jeff dejamuse at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 10 18:46:19 PDT 2009

I just updated one computer no problem, but on the 2nd one the installer says "No existing PCBSD partitions detected."  The only difference is the 1st machine used the entire disk whereas the 2nd was partitioned as follows:

/  - 10 GB
swap - 6 GB
var - 50 GB
var/tmp - 3 GB
usr - 160 GB

Also the 2nd machine uses a hardware RAID -1 array (mirroring) but that shouldn't matter.

I guess I'm doomed to start over on this one, but would like to know why this is failing.

Also noticed that the root partition is 50% full which seems like a lot (5 GB used).

Tnx, Jeff