[PC-BSD Testing] 7.1 Gold!

kris at pcbsd.org kris at pcbsd.org
Thu Apr 9 18:16:15 PDT 2009

> Kris Moore wrote:
>> Everybody,
>>
>> 7.1 has gone gold, and will be announced tomorrow on the website.
>>
>> If you want to grab it before the rush, feel free to do so via the ISC
>> mirror server:
>>
>> ftp://mirrors.isc.org/pub/pcbsd/7.1/
>>
>> (Torrents will be available tomorrow at www.gotbsd.net)
>>
>> Here's some of the information about this release:
>>
>> Changelog:
>> http://www.pcbsd.org/content/view/104/30/
>>
>> Release Notes:
>> http://www.pcbsd.org/content/view/105/30/
>>
>> A very special thank you to all the developers, testers and translators
>> who helped to make this release possible. Looking forward to working
>> with you all on 7.2 and 8.0 down the road!
>>

> Will there be an update to 7.1?
>
> Regards,
> Brodey

Yes, but not via a PBI this time. Users will be able to update to 7.1 from
7.0.x or 7.1-Beta's by using the "Upgrade / Repair" option from the DVD /
CD. It will preserve user data, PBI's and ports in /usr/local.

I've started some documentation about this on our wiki:

http://wiki.pcbsd.org/index.php/Keeping_PC-BSD_Updated