[PC-BSD Testing] KDE help search has never worked - cannot generate index - application manuals missing

Jeff dejamuse at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 8 17:01:40 PDT 2009

For as long as I've been using KDE, I cannot use the search function in KDE help because it cannot generate a help index. It first reports that the application manuals are missing.

Then when you tell it to build the index anyway, it reports these errors:
-----------------------------

p, li { white-space: pre-wrap; }

INDEXDIR: /usr/home/Jeff/.kde4/share/apps/khelpcenter/index/
FINDCMD: find /PCBSD/local/kde4/share/doc/HTML/en/ -name index.docbook
Creating index for 'kde_application_manuals'
htdig failed
(95460)/: running ("/PCBSD/local/kde4/lib/kde4/libexec/khc_docbookdig.pl", "--indexdir=/usr/home/Jeff/.kde4/share/apps/khelpcenter/index/", "--docpath=khelpcenter:kde_application_manuals", "--identifier=kde_application_manuals") failed with exitCode 255
(95460)/: stdout output: ""
(95460)/: stderr output: ""
This is a very old bug that needs to get fixed.
...Jeff