[PC-BSD Testing] Okular is cited in file assoc section of, syssettings for PDF but doesn't work

James T. Nixon III james at ixsystems.com
Wed Apr 8 10:57:13 PDT 2009

> Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 14:55:40 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Jeff <dejamuse at yahoo.com>
> Subject: [PC-BSD Testing] Okular is cited in file assoc section of sys
> 	settings for PDF but doesn't work
> To: testing at lists.pcbsd.org
>
> Trying to open a PDF file downloaded via "PDF Download" extension in Firefox3 doesn't invoke Okular.? Had to find the binary in /PCBSD/local/kde4/bin/okular and tell the pop-up dialog box to remember the file association.
>
> But in system settings, Okular is listed for PDF file types.
>

> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 4
> Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 19:29:49 -0400
> From: "Fabrizio Parrella" <fabrizio at bibivu.com>
> Subject: Re: [PC-BSD Testing] Okular is cited in file assoc section of
> 	syssettings for PDF but doesn't work
> To: <dejamuse at yahoo.com>,	"PC-BSD Testing list"
> 	<testing at lists.pcbsd.org>
>
> there are similar issues for OO files and others...
> I believe this is a FF issue that doesn't check the default configuration to see if the file is registered
>
> Fabry

Hey guys, this is caused in thunderbird because the mimeTypes.rdf wasn't
included in the PBI, and in Firefox because the mimeTypes.rdf was too
generic.  I've added a few entries to each to hopefully solve most of
our annoyances.  I've also commented mimeTypes.rdf to show what's going
on.   I believe this will be reflected in the release.

--james