[PC-BSD Testing] Okular is cited in file assoc section of syssettings for PDF but doesn't work

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Wed Apr 8 07:07:34 PDT 2009

Fabrizio Parrella wrote:
> there are similar issues for OO files and others...
> I believe this is a FF issue that doesn't check the default configuration to see if the file is registered
>
> Fabry

The problem here is that FF is a gtk app, and doesn't understand the
file-types setup by KDE. However, we've managed to make Opera work with
some KDE file-handler stuff, we should be able to get FF to do it as
well. I'll take a look into there here soon, probably some js
preferences we can set to make FF pass file-handling off to kfmclient or
something.

http://www.pcbsd.com