[PC-BSD Testing] Fwd: Re: HAL issue

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Wed Apr 8 06:40:42 PDT 2009

A.Yerenkow wrote:
> Hello everybody!
> Seems we have a problem either with kde(dolphin) or with pcbsd scripts.
>
> ntfs-3g dropped parameter -C=UTF-8, in 2009.1.1 version;
> dolphin on non-eng systems still tries to mount with this option;
> ntfs-3g will not mount when this specified.
> I see solution to make a wrapper for ntfs-3g script, which simply drops
> -C=UTF-8 and translates all other params to ntfs-3g.real
> Kris?
> Could you a bit experimenting with non-eng system?
>
> About mounting cd - there probably different thing, I'll dig into this a
> bit later.

I'm thinking this is a problem with HAL, since its the one that creates
/ passes those flags. We already have a wrapper script designed to do
the actual call to ntfs-3g from HAL -> /sbin/mount_ntfs

Take a look there, you can probably set it up to ignore the -C flag
within that script easily. HAL ships with this script now, so if you
patch it, we'll need to include it in the port also.

I'm guessing the problem with CD mounting will be something similar
though. I'm cc'ing Marcus on this problem, so he's aware of whats going
on. Maybe we should fix this on the HAL side of things?

http://www.pcbsd.com