Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Wed Apr 1 07:47:46 PST 2009

Juan Cova wrote:
> hello there.
>
> i recently was installed pcbsd 7.1 in my laptop toshiba satellite
> p105-s6084.
>
> when i try to load snd_hda intel module to the kernel. the system crash.
>
> after the reboot, the booting process go directly to fatal trap 12. page
> fault while in kernel mode
>
> i just try to do module with "kldload snd_hda", because my audio system it
> dont's work.
>

> thk,
>
> best regard!

Thats not a good error :(

If you can make it crash every time you kldload snd_hda, you'll probably
need to report it to the FreeBSD sound guys with your hardware specs and
as much detail as possible. They may need to write some work-around for
your particular chipset / card.

http://www.freebsd.org/send-pr.html

http://www.pcbsd.com