[PC-BSD Testing] Removable media

Brodey Dover pcfxer at rogers.com
Tue Sep 30 17:51:38 PDT 2008

Hello,

Let's try mounting things manually for now. When you insert the device,
if you can "safely remove it" then do so, if not, open the terminal.
Once you are at the terminal (vfs.usermount=1 is generally set in all
PC-BSDs), type umount -f /media/da0s1 (we're being forceful because it
doesn't "really" matter right now.

let's make a directory on your desktop for you to sift through
easily...: mkdir ~/Desktop/Xpod

let's mount the device to your nice new directory....: mount -t msdosfs
/dev/da0s1 ~/Desktop/Xpod

ENJOY!!!

Rather, test and let us know!

Rgds,