[PC-BSD Testing] Removable media

flat.rose flat.rose at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 05:20:17 PDT 2008

*Update:

Songs that were transferred before wasn't damaged, I was mistaken (sorry);
The ones I've transferred throught Dolphin to my player are broken
(backed-up the whole data to my PC and listened with WMPlayer);
Formatted device with FAT (not FAT32) flag, gonna see what's that gonna give
to me.

...*some time later*...

The mp3-player recognizes FAT filesystem but when I mount it to my laptop
and open with Dolphin I see this picture:

The only folder out there that displayed as a folder is one named `photos`
(It was created by the device after formatting, at the first boot). The
`music` folder (was created by myself from windows machine to have some
place for mp3s), so the music folder is displayed as an empty document
without extension and it weights 0 bytes. The device path is /media/da0s1
now, which's actually kinda strange becuse the label on my jukbox is xPod,
so the path were /media/XPOD before. Guys, please fix that thing, we're
still living in the world of Windows so it's a must-have thing - to be
compatable with formats like FAT and NTFS, or even linux ext's.