[PC-BSD Testing] need help (linux and qemu)

A.Yerenkow yerenkow at uct.ua
Sun Sep 28 01:09:01 PDT 2008

Well guys,  I have HP scanjet 2400c which is unsupported.
However, some Indiad site have binary linux drivers for it, driver
itself and changed libsane.so for linux. They didn't answer for my
emails asking make sources or freebsd-binary available;

So, I've bothered and installed linux in qemu, replace these drivers,
and both sane-find-scanner and scanimage -L see scanner.
I've tested scanning on 300 dpi, it was very slow and there was two
graphical artifacts.
But anyway, it's working!
Currently I'm compiling qemu-devel, will see if usb-slowlyness is fixed
(it's based on synced io to usb)
img-file with linux currently now are about 1.2Gb, and can be 7zipped to
300mb.
So, I am asking you guys related to linux, could someone help made a
very tiny and specific installation of linux for qemu, so this
workaround for scanner could be paccked and PBIfied;
And asking guys related to qemu, could someone help organize or consult
me to make transparent file transfer from guest to host OS.

Any help appreciated!