[PC-BSD Testing] So many problems..

Jeffery Yeakel jyeakel2005 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 25 00:51:49 PDT 2008

As per your request running cat on sndstat gets nothing as the file can not be found. After running the soundon command then running cat on sndstat I get no devices listed whatsoever. In the kde sound control panel no devices are listed.

Network issue, its setup to get an ip address automatically through kde,   an ip address can not be obtained so the ifconfig just shows re0 inet as 0.0.0.0. Manually setting up an ip through ifconfig(because kde will freeze sometimes) my ifconfig will look normal but not even able to ping my 192.168.1.1 gateway. Pinging my localhost 127.0.0.1 works fine as well as the ip address given to the device but its not getting out to the gateway.

Any ideas?

Jeffery A Yeakel