[PC-BSD Testing] smb:// and other protocols

flat.rose flat.rose at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 08:36:54 PDT 2008

About http... yep I understand that it's caused by the missing extension in
the url's file, but it seems wrong to me somehow. For example, I can open a
text file without extension on my harddisk with one click and I'll get it
opened in Kwrite without any errors. But in KMplayer or DragonPlayer I'll
get an error (but video will be accepted after I click 'ok'), which's not
kinda in style of kde. I'm sure you've got what I mean.

Nono, dolphin handles smb protocol perfectly, there're no problems with
that. It's just hard to read textfiles from my windows PC (to read files I
have to save them to disk and open it with firefox ic case to read those
files in the same state as they were on a windows machine).

I think I know how to compile firefox with the option you adviced to me,
thanks, but I have a PBI of Firefox installed in my /Programs directory,
that's not possible to recompile. I think I have to install the new one from
ports tree. Well, I'll try it tonight.

And going for a MIME editor add-on right now, thanks alot, Brodey!