[PC-BSD Testing] smb:// and other protocols

Brodey Dover pcfxer at rogers.com
Mon Sep 22 17:32:37 PDT 2008

1. Second one is about http-protocol.
-> That link doesn't appear to be valid.

2. Firefox, Amarok and few other applications doesn't recognize smb
protocol.
-> Recompile Firefox with option "SMB   Enable smb:// URI support using
gnomevfs"

3. Apparently you need MIME editor add-on to change how Firefox handles
certain file types. Check it out and let us know.

I guess this is mostly a firefox "bug" than a PC-BSD bug. What is wrong
with running smb from Dolphin? I really like how KDE has the nested
directory for smb that is automatically updated compared to my
FreeBSD/gnome setup.

Regards,
Brodey