[PC-BSD Testing] smb:// and other protocols

flat.rose flat.rose at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 15:52:12 PDT 2008

The problem is I cannot access to my main computer throught samba with
anything but konqueror or dolphin. Firefox, Amarok and few other
applications doesn't recognize smb protocol. It worked for me on linux
before, could you please just check *kio* when you have time?

Second one is about http-protocol. It works but with loads of errors. For
example, when I open online movie (e.g.
http://youtube.com/flvs/ao38mvqpoja98v, which is a .flv videofile) with
Kmplayer or Dragon Player, I get error telling me that 'URL cannot be
Listed'.

Oh, and before I forgot, my Applications list in Firefox is empty. Is it my
fault or there're problems with it right now? Just have to save everything
instead of running .torrent files automatically. That's not a big problem
just more complicated. Anyway, I'm a fan of troubles tho.

Thank you.