[PC-BSD Testing] Not shutting down smoothly

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Fri Sep 19 06:36:29 PDT 2008

Sam Fourman Jr. wrote:
>>> One little issue I have with PC-BSD final at the moment is problems
>>> shutting down.
>
> I can Verify that 3 different machines with 3 different sets of
> hardware all have this issue.
> I just drop to a console and type reboot as root, it works like a
> charm or even shutdown -p now works
>

> Sam Fourman Jr.
> Fourman Networks
>
> !DSPAM:1,48d2dd7719865213444729!

I've seen this here as well, although it appears to only be occasional,
not sure what is triggering it, or if its a KDE4 bug? Ive got around it
by pressing ctl-alt-backspace when it hangs, then selecting shutdown
from the kdm menu.

Once the port-freeze is over, kde 4.1.2 will be hitting ports shortly,
and I'll be sure to get an online update written, since the new updates
usually fix quite a few of these kind of issues.

http://www.pcbsd.com