[PC-BSD Testing] Keys Keys Keys

DragonFlier dracheflieger at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 19:35:14 PDT 2008

The following are found in the ports tree:

LinEAK is a utility designed to enable the use and configuration
of those special keys on Internet, Easy Access and Multimedia
keyboards in Linux (and other unices, like now FreeBSD).

WWW: http://lineak.sourceforge.net

Kmilo is a utiltiy that enables special keys on a number of custom keyboards
devices such as IBM ThinkPad notebooks.

This program sits at the back and listens for the "special" hotkeys that
you won't normally use on your internet/Multimedia keyboards.
The buttons perform their intended behaviors, such as volume up and down,
mute the speaker, launch applications, etc.

NOTE: CDROM & APM features have been disabled

WWW: http://ypwong.org/hotkeys/

-Andy Pavlo
amp0928 at rit.edu