[PC-BSD Testing] Not shutting down smoothly

DragonFlier dracheflieger at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 15:43:48 PDT 2008

I have this problem too. Don't know what is causing it. I booted this
morning, ran FF for a few minutes and shut it down just fine. Last night I
did the same thing and it hung. I did have it on for a few hours but nothing
other than surfing. It  _does_  play the exit music and then goes to a black
screen with the mouse cursor theme (a standard one that I changed to) and
just sits. Changing to a console and logging in and doing a manual shut down
(as root) works...